Numerous options exist for serviceable pool decking: Natural stone, wood deck, poured concrete, eurotile, concrete pavers, brick, tile, composite materials, and even synthetic grass. Among the many options available for pool decking, stone and brick both enjoy a reputation for high value and lasting durability.
While in the end, the choice of material will be made probably purely by personal taste, it is important to become familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of each of those more popular materials.
At All Seal Exteriors, we offer both Gray Cement and White Cement brick pavers as options when you want to redo your driveway, or pool deck, and often customers want to know the difference between these two types of brick material, specially when they see our brick pavers color options.
Functionally, there may be little difference between cements of the grey and white color.
Does your home have a swimming pool? Are you remodeling the community swimming pool? If you are planning to have a new pool deck installed, you should definitely familiarize yourself with all of the swimming pool deck options. A popular pool deck option, especially in sunny South Florida, is travertine pavers. Travertine pavers may be the best choice for a beautiful, not slick when wet, not hot when sunny, not too difficult to maintain, swimming pool deck.
Travertine is created from natural stone. It is cool to the touch, which is why it is a good option for a pool or spa deck. It will be a low-maintenance alternative that includes comfortable features. Aside from its obvious beauty, travertine is highly resistant to heat, scratching, staining and acidity, but it is its durability one of the elements that leads people to choose this material for home building and home improvement projects. Other benefits of travertine pool tiles are:
- Travertine does not get too hot, even in a warm climate and/or the sun shines down directly on the pool deck. Travertine is a kind of sedimentary stone so it has natural voids and openings in its surface which absorb the heat of the sun.
- It is very comfortable to walk over travertine pavers with your shoes off.
- Travertine does not get slick when wet which can easily prevent slip and fall accidents from happening. They have a tumbled surface meaning these are roughed up so the tiles won’t be slick for anyone walking on them.
- Unlike wood, travertine does not attract tiny insects and does not require a lot maintenance.
- Travertine is made of stone so they are durable and can last for a long time, which is why consumers often feel it is a good investment.
- There are also many choices available in terms of colors, styles and patterns. Travertine pavers can blend in very well with almost any landscaping. No two pavers will have the same colors and nuances which can make them look very attractive around the pool.
Whether you are planning to build or to renovate your pool, consider contacting the experts at All Seal Exteriors to get a FREE estimate on a travertine pool deck for your swimming pool.
Brick pavers are one of the most appealing and versatile materials for outdoor designs. They can be used for walkways, driveways, patios, swimming pool decks and much more. But, as with many home improvement materials, they’re also an investment. As such, it’s important to learn about the proper care and maintenance.
Because of constant exposure to tires, oil stains, footprints and the elements, your pavers will get dirty and require maintenance. Good cleaning habits like routine sweeping and hosing off will help minimize the need for professional cleanings; however, it’s a good idea to have your pavers professionally cleaned.
All pavers are different and cleaning methods and materials should not be considered “one size fits all.” Some widely available cleaners may be too harsh on natural stone pavers, while others may contain too much acid. An outdoor construction specialist has the knowledge of the material and the access to the equipment to instantly transform the look of your outdoor space. With the right tools and experience, they can regenerate the look of your pavers without using excessive pressure, which can ultimately harm the brick pavers. At the same time, they will replace the sand in between the bricks that normally erode with time and the wash, and apply a sealant to maintain the clean surface and prevent weed growth.
In order to transform your outdoor space to its original pristine shape, it’s best to invest in a professional cleaning and sealing atleast once a year. The increased lifespan of your pavers will certainly offset the cost.
Contact All Seal Exteriors today and speak with one of our representatives about our professional paver cleaning and sealing services.